Climate change is influencing the intensity of all extreme weather, and it’s likely to get worse without strong action, the Climate Commission report ‘The Angry Summer 2012/13’report warns:
- 123 extreme weather records broken;
- 40.3 degrees average temperature across Australia on Jan 7;
- 70% of Australia experienced extreme temperatures during this summer’s heatwave;
- 7 days in a row over 39 degrees across Australia (average maximum temperature);
- AND heatwaves, floods, tropical cyclones, tornadoes, and bushfires across Australia.
Consider your action on climate change here