If you like the work of WithOneSeed you can make a tax-deductible donation to the WithOneSeed sub-fund managed by the Australian Communities Foundation.
Funds donated will be used to plant more trees to address your carbon footprint, which if you are an average Australian is 18.4t of CO2e per year. In doing this through the WithOneSeed program you are supporting co-benefits like improving the local and international environment, building local economies and delivering environmental education and lifelong learning opportunities to subsistence communities in Timor-Leste.
The WithOneSeed Timor Leste project has embraced the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all.
WithOneSeed particularly helps realise the UN Goals by helping to:
- end poverty and hunger and promote sustainable farming and lifelong learning
- promote decent work, sustainable agricultural communities and economic growth
- take action to combat climate change, manage forests and reverse land degradation
- encourage global partnerships for sustainable development through relationships with Australian schools
- empower women and children, and particularly girls, by increasing family income, facilitating children’s education and creating family job prospects.
Furthermore, WithOneSeed also embraces the Universal Declaration of Human Rights in strongly committing to:
- the right to life, liberty and security of person
- the right to work, to free choice of employment
- the right to an adequate standard of living
- the right to education
- the right to full and free personal development available through community participation.
To make a donation to WithOneSeed click on the button below and enter With One Seed in the Sub-fund box on the page.
Offsetting your carbon footprint has never been easier
Combatting climate change starts with one seed …
CarbonSocial credits are an important part of the program to support subsistence farmers in Timor-Leste to re-establish and maintain the forests where they live.
Reforestation is also a key response to global climate change.
It’s a ‘no regrets’ approach as it provides a highly effective form of carbon capture and storage while reducing soil erosion and degradation, improving the habitat, restoring the water table, and boosting crop yields and nutrition.
With just one simple action, you can become a climate changer and join the community of businesses taking real action on climate change.
You now have the opportunity to become a carbon neutral business under the Australian National Carbon Standard (NCOS). You can do this using a simple end to end service that will allow you to define a sustainability strategy that is aligned to the business strategy and key priorities of your business. In doing this your business will work towards carbon neutrality that will include using CarbonSocial credit, the first ethical, social and environmental Gold Standard certified carbon credits to come from Timor-Leste.
Every CarbonSocial credit removes one tonne of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, supports subsistence farming communities, and helps you conduct your business activities to deliver ethical, social, environmental and economic impacts.
Offset now with CarbonSocial