A 2016 report on Green House Gas market sentiment conducted by IETA, a non-profit international business organisation established in 1999 to promote market based solutions to climate change, suggests that carbon markets will expand in scale as result of the Paris Climate talks. A key finding of the survey is that 82% of survey respondents believe that existing carbon markets will expand in scale as a result of the Paris Agreement. This figure is up from 58% in 2015, showing that feelings are more positive post-Paris.
Carbon sequestration as a result of afforestation/reforestation activities in Timor Leste could lead to the delivery of a number of the Sustainable Development Goals according to Andrew Mahar, co founder of WithOneSeed
The WithOneSeed program shows great potential for income generation for village based communities, but also reveal the extraordinary benefits to the subsistence communities through sustaining family life, providing community and economic development, and opening educational opportunities for farmers and their children.
The WithOneSeed Timor Leste project has embraced the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all.
WithOneSeed particularly helps realise the UN Goals by helping to:
- end poverty and hunger and promote sustainable farming and lifelong learning
- promote decent work, sustainable agricultural communities and economic growth
- take action to combat climate change, manage forests and reverse land degradation
- encourage global partnerships for sustainable development through relationships with Australian schools
- empower women and children, and particularly girls, by increasing family income, facilitating children’s education and creating family job prospects.
Furthermore, WithOneSeed also embraces the Universal Declaration of Human Rights in strongly committing to:
- the right to life, liberty and security of person
- the right to work, to free choice of employment
- the right to an adequate standard of living
- the right to education
- the right to full and free personal development available through community participation.
WithOneSeed will soon be offering for sale the first ever internationally certified carbon certificates generated from the new forests being planted in Baguia, Timor Leste. These will be a limited edition and if you would like to register your interest email email@example.com